Forum Topic

Volunteer tutors needed - English or maths

Change a young person’s life with Action TutoringWithout C grades at GCSE in English and maths it’s difficult to progress in life. Action Tutoring is a registered charity that helps students from low-income backgrounds leave school with at least five A* - C grades at GCSE. These students do not perform as well at GCSE as their more affluent peers, and they are less able to access expensive support like private tutoring. Action Tutoring is trying to change that by using volunteer tutors to make the benefits of tuition more widely available. How can I help? What would I be doing?Apply to be a volunteer tutor and, if successful, we will place you as an English or maths tutor in one of our partner schools. You would then work with one or two pupils for an hour a week across the course of a school term. Tutoring usually takes place after school or on a Saturday morning. Sessions are delivered on school premises at the same time each week. We provide all of our tutors with training and resources, and we will also process a DBS check for you.What will I get out of it?Volunteering with Action Tutoring is a great way to make a difference to the local community, make use of your qualifications and meet new people. It’s also an opportunity to experience a different working environment and develop your skills. If you’re interested in teaching as a career, it’s a fantastic chance to get experience of working in a school, and we are happy to provide references on completion of the programme. When can I start?We run tutoring programmes throughout the academic year. Once you’ve signed-up we will send you a full list of opportunities so that you can select one that works for you.We're working with Lambeth Academy on Tuesday / Wednesday afternoons, starting in mid September. Please contact us for more information.How do I sign up?Applications are open now! Apply here - http://www.tfaforms.com/332860What do our tutors say?"I’ve enjoyed tutoring at a school in my old area. It’s a chance to give something back to the community and pass on some useful skills to younger people. It also gives me a bit of variety and a break from my regular job.” Volunteer TutorFollow us on social media!Twitter: @ActionTutoringFacebook: www.facebook.com/Action-Tutoring/Our website: www.actiontutoring.org.ukAny questions? Get in touch!Email – hello@actiontutoring.org.ukCall – 02079 227760

James Mason ● 3546d0 Comments