With Christmas fast approaching Wandsworth police would like you to work with your safer neighbourhoods team to help prevent you from being a victim of crime over the festive season.
Think about what is in your bag before leaving home.
They advise that you only take out what you really need when shopping.
A spokesman for Wandsworth police said:
‘Please take these simple precautions, to help stop you becoming a victim over this festive time’
Replacing items such as passports and driving licences can be costly and inconvenient.
• Keep purses, wallets and cash secure at the bottom of bags or deep in pockets
• Do not let handbags out of your sight in shops or cafes
• Be aware of others when using a cash point
• Do not leave valuables on display in cars and make sure your car is locked
• Never leave a spare key concealed anywhere near the front door as burglars know all the hiding places
• If going away at Christmas install timers which switch lights or radios on and off automatically
• Have a neighbour or friend pop round to clear your letter-box or doorstep or move rubbish bins back into their usual place
• Where possible, try to keep valuables out of sight from windows including Christmas presents and try to avoid putting them under a tree in plain view
&nbDecember 14, 2012mages/police_008.jpg" width="534" height="78">
December 13, 2012