A public consultation
In December 2013 the Airports Commission, an independent body set up by the Government, included Heathrow on its shortlist of options for a new runway in the UK.
Of the three proposals we originally submitted, the Commission has chosen to shortlist our option for a runway to the north west of Heathrow for further detailed consideration.
There’s still a lot of work to do to refine our proposal before the Commission makes a final recommendation to Government on which is the best location for a new runway in 2015. As part of this work, we are asking residents and businesses for their views of our proposal and to tell us which issues are most important.
We know that local opinion is divided about whether Heathrow should be expanded or not, but everyone has an interest in making sure that if a third runway does go ahead, it is developed in the best way possible.
I hope you will take this opportunity to get involved and let us know your thoughts on the future of Heathrow. You can do this by visiting one of our drop-in events around Heathrow, filling in a booklet or sharing your views online.
Colin Matthews, Chief Executive, Heathrow
Come along to a Consultation Event in your local area. All events take place between 12pm and 8pm, unless otherwise stated:
• Stanwell Moor - 25 February, Stanwell Moor Village Hall TW19 6AG
• Harlington - 26 February, Harlington Baptist Church Hall UB3 5DG
• Richings Park - 27 February, Richings Park Sports Club SL0 9BN
• Windsor - 1 March, 9.30am - 4.30pm, Macdonald Windsor Hotel SL4 1LH
• Putney - 3 March, The Putney Pantry SW15 1SN
• Richmond - 5 March, Duke Street Church TW9 1DH
• Brentford - 6 March, Holiday Inn TW8 8GA
• Hounslow - 8 March, 9.30am - 4.30pm, Civic Centre TW3 4DN
• Hammersmith - 12 March, Town Hall W6 9JU
For more information and details of how you can give us your views, please click here.
December 20, 2013