What is it and how will it affect residents?
The Olympic Cycle Route comes through Putney in 2012, but a full-scale test event has
also been planned by LOCOG and TfL for Sunday 14th August this year.
This is a great opportunity for the town, but will create considerable transport disruption as Putney Bridge, Putney High Street and most of the Upper Richmond Road will be closed. It will also restrict access to the wider Putney area.
Putney Town Centre Manager Stephen Wallace told PutneySW15.com: "This is a great opportunity to put Putney and its businesses on the map, but both businesses and residents will need to plan around the transport changes and diversions that will be in place on the day."
* Putney Bridge, Putney High Street and much of the
Upper Richmond Road will be closed
* Pedestrian barriers are likely to be put out well in advance of road closures
* Bus routes will be affected
* Planned Gas mains replacement road-works, blocking Westbound traffic in Upper Richmond Rd
from West Hill to Keswick Road mean buses 337 and 37 are affected
* Tube trains are disrupted that day (suspended: all Circle Line, District Line: Edgware Rd to Earls Court, Hammersmith & City line: Baker Street to Hammersmith)
* Key routes into Putney will be affected
* Mainline trains OK
The London-Surrey Cycle Classic will start at The Mall in central London at 9am on 14 August.
The list below shows the times at which riders are expected to pass relevant points on the course (please bear in mind that these times are approximate and may be plus or minus 15 minutes). Riders will pass some points twice.
Results will be posted here in due course.
– The Mall – start 09:00 and finish 12:10
– Fulham – 09:05 and 12:05
– Putney – 09:10 and 12:00
– Richmond Park – 09:15 and 11:55
– Richmond – 09:20
– Bushy Park – 09:30
– Hampton Court Palace – 09:35 and 11:40
– Walton-on-Thames – 09:45
– Ripley Village – 10:05
– Gomshall – 10:25
– Westcott – 10:30
– Dorking – 10:35
– Box Hill (restricted access likely) – between 10:40 and 11:20
– Esher – 11:35
– Kingston upon Thames – 11:50
June 14, 2011