Full speakers and performers line-up revealed
TEDxWandsworth is running it second event at South Thames College in Wandsworth on Saturday 5th November. The day-long event re-creates a TED-like experience, inviting speakers both locally and across London to spread ideas in the form of short, powerful talks under 18 minutes.
The theme of this year’s event is 'Perspective’, and will include a diverse range of experts and leaders from the worlds of science, technology, arts and business, as well as stories from ordinary people living extraordinary lives. There will also be an opportunity for delegates to immerse in the latest Virtual Reality headset technology as well as network in fun, interactive ways.
Above: Performer Sarah Bird
The 14 speakers include:
· Harbinder Birdi – Architect, Partner Hawkins\Brown Architects
· Tereza Cervenova – photographer/former model
· Natalia Cohen - Adventurer/Rower
· Anastasia Dedyukhina - Founder, Consciously Digital
· Martin Elliot - Professor of Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, UCL
· Niamh Houston - Composer
· Ed Ikn, Wakehurst Head, RBG Kew
· Rebecca Rideal - Founder, The History Vault
· Guy Shahar - Autism Consultant & Author
· Leanne Spencer - Author/Founder, Bodyshot Performance
· Andre Spicer - Professor of Organisation Behaviour, City University
· Basky Thilaganathan - Professor and Director of Fetal Medicine, St George's
· Roderic Yapp - Founder, Leadership Forces
· George Zarkadakis - Science Writer, Novelist, Artificial Intelligence Expert
· Vanessa Downie - Choreographer/Dancer, Ajos Dance
· Casey Bailey - Rapper/Poet
· Sarah Bird - Indie Folk Pop artist
· Michael Costello & Eloise Sinclair - Performing Arts students at South Thames College
Speaker Roderic Yapp - Founder, Leadership Forces
Amman Abid, Organiser for TEDxWandsworth, said, “We are delighted to bring TEDx talks to Wandsworth for the second year running. Since last year’s event we received fantastic feedback from our delegates, speakers and partners. Some of them have gone on to make positive changes within their own communities and sectors. And this has encouraged us to continue and grow the event.
“Our theme this year is ‘Perspective’ and our invited speakers will explore topics and issues from angles not commonly held or known. The day will also include four performers who will entertain using dance, song and rap/poetry.”
Mr Abid added, “Our main ambition is to bring TEDxWandsworth to the borough as an annual speaker event and engage with local people and businesses throughout the year, to enable them to become part of our TEDx community by becoming speakers, volunteers, delegates, as well forming partnerships with organisations and businesses in the borough.
Although tickets to the event are now sold out, speaker videos will be available on the web site.
November 2, 2016