With S L I C E - the local discount card that keeps on giving!
SLICE (Supporting Local Independent Charities Enterprise) is a discount card that offers double rewards! The concept is to provide card holders with great local food discounts, while a portion of the bill also heads to a monthly nominated local charity.
A spokesperson for SLICE told this website: "As we’re very much in our infancy, we have just been feeling out the response in the Earlsfield area with both restaurants and residents in the last couple of weeks. So far, we have managed to get 4 restaurants on board & over 50 SLICE card signups which is fantastic, so will start to scale it throughout Wandsworth in the coming weeks/months. The SLICE card costs £2 …with £1 of every card sale heading to the nominated charity and we're hoping the project will benefit the whole community - restaurants, charities & residents".
Here’s how it works:
* Visit the offers page for participating restaurant deals.
* Make a reservation at the restaurant of your choice and show your SLICE card when the bill arrives.
* The restaurant will apply the appropriate discount and donation to your bill.
* Raised monies will be received monthly into SLICE's charity account.
* These will then be passed directly to the nominated local charity.
SLICE spread the love by choosing a new charity each month - their current charity is: www.be-enriched.org.uk, which believes in enriching local life through connecting people through community activities and cultivating respect over a bite. So far SLICE has raised and shared; The Back-up Trust £250, Paul’s Cancer Support Centre £250, Wandsworth Home-Start £250, Certitude £250 and Something To Look Forward To £335.
Enjoy deals & events from participating local eateries here in Wandsworth, with a slice of your bill heading to a local charity. Everybody wins!
October 10, 2018