Foodies Festival In Battersea Park
Local food and drink showcase from July 29-31
Following the success of the Hampton Court Palace Foodies Festival, which is now in its third year, Foodies Festival will be launching in Battersea Park to inspire thousands of Londoners who will experience, celebrate and learn about the culinary arts. The festival joins a line up of seven Foodies Festivals taking place across the UK this summer.
- Chefs Theatre: The regions Michelin star and top chefs will cook their favourite signature dishes live, passing on hints and tips. The line up includes: Angela Hartnett of Murano, Anna Hansen of the Modern Pantry, Gary Lee of The Ivy and Phil Usher of Le Caprice.
- Pop-up Cook School: Visitors will enjoy hands-on cooking and tasting sessions, with guidance from top chefs and food experts.
- Cooking with Kids: Masterclasses for budding young chefs and their families.
- Drinks Masterclass Theatre: Mixing and shaking, nosing and tasting sessions where visitors are led through the complexities of gin, rum, speciality beer, wine and cocktails.
- Speciality and local exhibitors: Visitors can sample and buy exclusive ingredients from over 100 food and drink producers. More information available on request.
- Harvey Nichols Foodmarket: Showcasing must-have ingredients and exclusive food and wine.
- NEW Great Taste Market: Featuring stallholders whose products have won a prestigious Great Taste Award in the last three years
- Restaurant Village: Visitors can indulge in dishes from around the world
Bar Pagoda Tents: Visitors can enjoy a glass of bubbly or seasonal cocktail made by expert mixologists.
Foodies Director Sue Hitchen commented: “Foodies Festivals have proved to be an incredible success. We have a fantastic opportunity to bring Foodies Festivals to areas that have a wealth of fantastic producers and a great line up of chefs to showcase. It is a great opportunity to bring these features to people who love food and want to celebrate it."
Day Tickets: £15 (concession £10)
Go to www.foodiesfestival.com www.foodiesfestival.com
Three Day Tickets: £25 (concession £18)
Purchased from Seetickets on 0871 230 5573 or online at www.foodiesfestival.com
Tickets are valid for re-entry on all three days and allow entry to the Chefs Theatre, Food Masterclass, Drinks Masterclass and Kids Cookery Theatres.
2011 Calendar of Foodies Festivals
Brighton’s Hove Lawns – April 30, May 1, 2
Manchester, Tatton Park – May 20, 21, 22
Hampton Court Palace – May 28, 29, 30
Bristol’s Harbourside –June 24, 25, 26
London’s Battersea Park – July 29, 30, 31
Edinburgh’s Holyrood Park – August 12, 13, 14
Oxford’s South Park – August 27, 28, 29
June 24. 2011