Taking control of your healthcare
Self Management: Take Control of your Life and your Long Term Condition
Date: Tuesday 19th August
Time: 10am – 4.30pm
Venue: York Gardens Library and Community Centre, SW11 2UG
Booking: Places are free but limited, booking is essential.
A free event to learn about overcoming barriers to health and taking control of your care, presented by the Wandsworth Self-Management Service and Wandsworth Self Help Programme.
All welcome - from patients and carers, to GPs, health and support workers, community and voluntary sector groups and anyone else interested in self-management and self-help.
This event will cover:
· Introductions to the Wandsworth Self Management Service, Wandsworth Self Help Programme and Care4Me Community Directory
· The health journey, effective listening and assumptions we all make
· Getting the best of your conversations with your healthcare professionals
· Finding solutions - how to solve problems and challenges
· Getting past uncertainty
· Overcoming barriers, using importance and confidence skills to move forward
· Creating and sharing a plan
· Self Management, Expert Patients Programme and Condition Specific courses available in Wandsworth
· How to access information in Wandsworth
· How to join, set up or find out more about Self Help Groups in Wandsworth
The day has a packed agenda from 10.00am to 4.30pm (with breaks).
You will also be able to browse the information stalls and find suitable resources during the day.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
For more information and to book, click here: wandsworthselfmanagement.eventbrite.co.uk
OTHER FREE TRAINING AND EVENTS
A full list of free programme of training and events is available at www.life-times.org.uk/training/
August 6, 2014