Two Sentenced For Perverting Course Of Justice In Melody Road Murder

Abdullah Hammia was stabbed to death in the street last April

Two men have been sentenced for perverting the course of justice in relation to the murder of Abdullah Hammia in Melody Road, Wandsworth last April.

Fabian Reid, 22, of Penge, was found guilty of perverting the course of justice on Friday 3 November following a trial at the Old Bailey. He was jailed for 18 months.

Tre Henry, 22, of New Cross, had pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice on the first day of the trial on Tuesday 24 October. He was sentenced to five years and ten months' imprisonment.

Detectives investigating the murder of Abdullah Hammia meanwhile continue to appeal for witnesses.

Detective Chief Inspector Sam Price, who is leading the investigation by the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said, "Abdullah was involved in an altercation with a group of males - including at least one who had got out of a black VW Passatt - in Melody Road near the junction with Quarry Road shortly before being stabbed.

"I am still very much appealing for him to please come forward, or for anyone who may know who he is to contact police."

As part of the investigating, police previously released CCTV of a potential significant witness they wish to speak to.

Image of Melody Road: Google Streetview

The man was seen on CCTV, walking in Melody Road (above), SW18, minutes before 24-year-old Abdullah was fatally stabbed on the evening of Tuesday, 25 April.

Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, can contact the incident room on 020 8721 4054, or police via 101 or by tweeting @MetCC.

To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit

On Tuesday 25 April this year police were called at around 7pm to the stabbing on Melody Road near the junction with Allfarthing Lane, SW18. Abdullah was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.30pm. A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a single stab wound to the heart.

A 30-year-old man, a 29-year-old woman and 40-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of murder. All have since been released from custody and will not be proceeded with.

Two 22-year-old men were then charged with murder as part of the investigation, but The Crown Prosecution Service has since discontinued their charges.

There was a hung jury in relation to a third man, Elliot D'Aguiar, 25, of Lewsiahm, who was also charged with perverting the course of justice. After discussion with the CPS the Met Police decided not to proceed with a further trial and he was formally found not guilty of the charge.

November 15, 2017